A collection of famous songs that use 仮定法.
Artists and lyrics:
1. Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
Would you know my name
If i saw you in heaven?
2. If You Had My Love – J.Lo
If you had my love and I gave you all my trust,
Would you comfort me?
3. With a Little Help From My Friends – The Beatles
What would you think if i sang out a tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
4. More Than Words — Extreme
What would you say, if I took those words away
Then you could make things new, just by saying i love you
5. One of Us – Joan Osborne
If god had a name what would it be?
And would you call it to his face?
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question?
6. Mr. Jones – Counting Crows
If I knew Picasso, I would buy myself a gray guitar and play
7. I will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
If I should stay, I would only be in your way
8. All I Want is You — Barry Louis Polisar
If you were the wood, I’d be the fire.
If you were the love, I’d be the desire.
If you were a castle, I’d be your moat,
And if you were an ocean, I’d learn to float.
9. Misunderstood – Bon Jovi
If I could just rewind, see it in my mind
If I could turn back time, you’d still be mine
You cried, I died…
10. If I Were a Boy — Beyonce
If I were a boy
I think I could understand
How it feels to love a girl
I swear I’d be a better man